WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials(information or software) on Topmed’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Topmed’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Topmed at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The Website and all information, content, tools and materials are provided by Topmed Medical Scheme (“Topmed” or “the Scheme”) on an “as is” and an “as available” basis without warranty of any kind. Topmed makes no warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the content.
- While the Scheme makes every effort to ensure that the content and information on the website is complete, accurate and up-to-date, it makes no guarantee about the suitability of the products and services on the website, any advice given or whether the products and services are complete accurate or appropriate.
- Use of the website is entirely at the User’s own risk. Users assume full responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from their use of the website and their reliance on any of the content or any part thereof contained on the website.
- The user acknowledges and understands that the information provided on the website constitutes automated advice and does not constitute advice or intermediary services in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act of 2002. It is the user’s responsibility to consult a professional adviser to decide whether any advice or information obtained from this site is appropriate to their own specific circumstances
- The information on this website is specific to the products, services, and information developed within the South African context and it may not necessarily be lawful or appropriate within the framework of other countries. Therefore the user should seek professional advice before using any information obtained from this site in another context.
- Without derogating from the generality of the above, Topmed will not be liable for:
- Any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of the website or related database, system or network, for whatever reason;
- Any loss or damage in respect of customer data or other data, directly or indirectly, caused as a result of any malfunction of the website or related database, system or network, power failures, unlawful access to or theft of data, computer viruses or destructive code on the website or related database, system or network, programming defects or negligence; or
- Any inaccurate, incomplete or inadequate information obtained from the website supplied by the user;
- Reliance by the user on any of the information, advice, content, tools or materials obtained from the website; or
- Any event over which Topmed has no direct control.
- The user unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds Topmed, its officers and any of its affiliates and their directors and employees harmless against all and any loss, liability, actions, lawsuits, proceedings, costs, demands and damages of all and every kind, (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), and whether in an action based on contract, negligence or any other action, arising out of or in connection with the failure or delay in the performance of the services offered on the website, the use of the services offered on the website, the content available on the website, any automated advice provided or any other matter, directly or indirectly, related to the user’s use of the website, whether due to Topmed’s negligence or not.
In no event shall Topmed or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Topmed’s Internet site, even if Topmed or a Topmed authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Topmed’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Topmed does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Topmed may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Topmed does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Topmed has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Topmed of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Topmed’s web site shall be governed by the laws of South Africa without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.