TopBaby Maternity Programme
At Topmed we understand that pregnancy is a very special time in your life and we want to ensure that you get the best care possible. With our TopBaby Maternity Programme, not only are all your essential medical benefits covered but you get the added support of our in-house midwives who will contact you on a regular basis to offer advice, support and encouragement, and you will be continuously monitored throughout your pregnancy.
As a member of TopBaby you have the following benefits available to you:
- Antenatal Consultations – Depending on your option, you are covered up to 12 visits with your Gynaecologist, GP or
Midwife payable at Topmed tariff.
- Scans – Two 2D scans payable at Topmed tariff
- Antenatal Classes – Prenatal classes with a registered nurse payable at Topmed tariff.
- Prenatal Vitamins – Access to a variety of prenatal vitamins as per the Topmed formulary.
- Immunisations – Covered for the first 6 years as per the Department of Health Protocols payable at Topmed tariff.
- Paediatrician Consultations – Depending on your option, up to two consultations for the first year payable at Topmed tariff.
(Refer to the option tables in your member guide for benefits specific to your option).
To enjoy this benefit, you are required to register on the programme when you are between 12 and 20 weeks in your pregnancy.
How to register
Members must phone the Topmed Medical Scheme member Call Centre on 0860 00 21 58.
When you call to register, please have the following information ready:
- A contact or email address
- GP, gynaecologist or registered midwife’s name and surname
- GP, gynaecologist or registered midwife’s practice number
- Expected date of delivery
- Whether or not you’ve had a miscarriage before
- Whether this is your first child
As part of the programme, one of Topmed’s in-house midwives will contact you on a regular basis to offer advice, support and encouragement, and you will be continuously monitored throughout your pregnancy.
Topmed offers a Maternity Programme on all options (except the Topmed Network and Topmed Limited Options). Check out your Benefit Guide to see the specifics of what is covered in your option.